Below you can find the “INSTRUCTIONS TO FOREIGN FLAG PRIVATE YACHTS” as printed on the cover page of the Turkish Transit log.
INSTRUCTIONS TO FOREIGN FLAG PRIVATE YACHTS
Please read the following before completing your Yacht Registration Certificate.
This Certificate shall be duly completed in block letters in the appropriate spaces provided below and signed by the owner or the captain of the vessel.
All foreign flag private yachts entering in pr departing from Turkish territorial waters shall follow the same procedure through Turkish border ports of entries which are; Hopa, Rize, Trabzon, Giresun, Ordu,.Samsun, Inebolu, Sinop, Bartin, Zonguldak, Eregli, Istanbul, Tekirdag, Derince, Gemlik, Mudanya, Bandirma, Çanakkale, Akçay, Ayvalik, Dikili, izmir, Kusadasi, Didim, Güllük, Turgutreis, Bodrum, Datça, Marmaris, Fethiye, Kas, Finike, Kemer, Antalya, Alanya, Anamur, Bozyazi, Tasucu, Mersin, Botas,Iskenderun.
All procedures concerning with entrance into or departure from Turkey, sailing betwen Turkish ports or winter lay up in a Turkish port shall be followed through this certificate and all information contained within shall be taken as basis for future applications. The Certificate consists of Y1, Y2 copies and change pages which can be used when alterations are to be made in the lists of yachtsmen, crew members, trajectories or in case of multiowned yachts; to be used by four alternate owners. It also consists of change pages used for consecutive sailings for one year within Turkish territorial waters and copies to be kept by relevant Authorities during approval.
The Y1 copy of this Certificate should be completed upon entering into Turkey.
The Y2 copy of this Certificate should be completed when departing from Turkey, when the ownership of the vessel is changed, when leaving the yacht in winter lay up or when the validity of this certificate has expired.
Change pages should be completed whenever changes are to be made to the lists of yachtsmen, to crew members, to the projected trajectory or when to be used by alternate owners of multiowned yachts or in case of consecutive sailings to be made within Turkish territorial waters.
Keep this Certificate on board at all times as it might be requested by relevant Authorites, since it contains all the necessary information about you and your vessel. This Certificate is valid for one full year on condition that the vessel and the owner/captain stay within Turkish territorial waters throughout the whole period in question.
ENTERING INTO TURKEY
If you are coming from international waters or foreign ports; you will have to complete the Y1 page of this Certificate and;
1) You will first apply to the Coastal Sanitary Center whilst flying the quarantine flag (i.e. the yellow flag) in accordance with World Health Organization procedures and after having declared whether or not there is a case of contagious disease or an incident of death among your crew members or yachtsmen; you can have the pertinent section of your Certificate approved by the Health Officer.
2) You will then apply to the Passport Police and after having declared the necessary information; you can have the pertinent section of your Certificate approved by the Officer in charge.
3) You will then apply to the Customs Enforcement and after having declared the inventory list of your vessel; you can have the pertinent section of your Certificate approved by the Customs Officer.
4) You will finally apply to the Harbour Master’s office and after having declared your ports of call within Turkish territorial waters; you can have your Certificate approved by the Harbour Master.
SAILING IN TURKISH TERRITORIAL WATERS AND BETWEEN TURKISH PORTS
As the owner you and your guests have the right to sail freely within Turkish territorial waters and between Turkish ports provided that no commercial activity shall be undertaken by yourself your crew members or your guests,
In case of a contagious disease or an incident resulting in death which may occur during your sailing into Turkish territorial waters; you will immediately report to the Coast Sanitary Center at the nearest port.
As long as there is no change of captain, crew members or yachtsmen during your projected trajectory; you can sail into bays or points of interest on your route provided they are not forbidden zones without the need to make any further changes in your Certificate.
If there is a change of captain, yachtsmen, crew members or your projected trajectory whilst between intermediate ports; you will have to apply to the nearest Harbour Master’s office and have the changes in question approved by the Harbour Master.
Multiowned foreign flag private yachts and yachts belonging to societies, associations or clubs can be used by maximum four owners in a year.
If your yacht is in our country and you want to extend your visa, you can apply and receive a longer stay permit by providing proof of a mooring contract duly signed with a Yacht Harbour licensed through the Ministry of Tourism.
When it is necessary to collect / deposit you or a member of your family to/from another port, your captain, upon your written faxed instructions, can sail from one port to the other with the approval of the Harbour Master.
Unless there is information relayed to the Authorities in due legal process about illegal possession of prohibited goods; no search or inspection of your vessel can be made without your permission.
In case when and if goods that are not allowed entry into Turkey are declared by yourself or found by Authorities after inspection; such goods shall be placed under customs control and will not be returned until your departure from Turkish territorial waters.
In the event this Certificate is lost, please contact the nearest Harbour Master or Customs Authority to renew your Certificate.
In the course of necessary arrivals or departures due to extraordinary conditions, force majeur or obligations set out within the Law for the Safety of Life and Properties At Sea (Legal Code No. 4922) you must submit a statement underlining such conditions to Turkish Authorities at the first port of call.
LEAVING YOUR YACHT IN TURKEY
You can leave your yacht in a Yacht Harbour or a Boat Yard licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and can leave Turkey by alternate means of transportation. Vessels moored in such Yacht Harbours or laid up in such Boat Yards, if used once in every two years can remain in Turkey up to five years without the need for any further permission.
CHANGES TO BE MADE IN INVENTORY LISTS
If there is a change to be made in your inventory list in reason of repairs, assurance or warranty; necessary notes shall be made on your Certificate by relevant Customs Offices. All spare parts and other material belonging to your vessel should be kept onboard as long as your yacht remains in Turkey.
It is necessary to record all spare parts that are obsolete or unusable having resulted following maintenance or repair on your vessel. In case you wish to take them out of Turkish customs zone, they will have to be noted on your Certificate. You can also leave them in specific areas under customs management as per Clause No. 164 of the Law concerning Customs (Legal Code No. 4458)
If you wish to leave Turkey temporarily with your yacht; you may leave your motor vehicle under care of local Customs Control.
Diving with scuba equipment in Turkish territorial waters is subject to permission. Necessary information on the subject can be obtained from provincial tourism directorates or through local information centers.
DEPARTURE FROM TURKEY
When sailing from Turkish ports to international waters or foreign ports; please complete the departure section of this Certificate (the Y2 copy) and apply to the Harbour Master’s Office to have the appropriate section of your Certificate authorized after having completed your departure procedure at Customs Enforcement.
CONDITIONS OF EXPIRY
1) Departure from Turkish territorial waters or Turkish ports.
2) Changes having occurred in the ownership of the vessel.
3) One full year after date of authorization, provided that other conditions have not already caused termination.
4) Loss of the Certificate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE NOT TO ENGAGE IN ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED BELOW
1) You cannot undertake any commercial activity within or without your vessel.
2) You cannot collect charges or dues from persons declared as guests.
3) You cannot make false declarations.
4) You cannot transport or take out of Turkey any historical artifacts or objects of cultural value.
5) You cannot buy or sell any goods or materials from yachts and ships whose customs transactions have not yet been completed. This is considered as anjllegal activity according to legal codes of our Country and if apprehended; due judicial processes shall be applied according to the laws of the Republic of Turkey.